Monday, January 12, 2009

what more can i ask for..

a friend asked me this question that got me thinking.

"ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE NOW? SATISFIED?"

the old me would have immediately answer - no la! i wan xxx and xx and xxx, etc

with the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009, ive realised there are much more and too much i-would-love-to-have.
but i realise compared to many, im already v fortunate.
i should count my blessings.

other den a job stability, there isnt much that i dont have.
happiness dun come in terms of wealth.
rather it comes with the fufilment you feel in life.

i used to resent/envy/grumble why ppl have this , why ppl have that but why doesnt it happen to me.
but when i/we do tat, why dont we think of it another way - i have food on my table, cloth to cover my body and a warm bed where i can rest at nite.
what abt those ppl in the 3rd world countries?
what do they have?
i bet they wish for a great deal less den what i have been doing.
to them, a shelter, food (even jus a slice of bread) is god's gift to them.

honestly, i am grateful for what i have till date.
i have an eccentric but loving family, extended families.
i have a bf whom i love and whom i believe should love me also la. hahaha
i have friends. not many but enough.
i have the ability to buy myself clothes/bags/shoes and most of the stuff i fancy.
im blessed with adequate brain capacity to start on my degree studies.
i hv fun colleagues.
seriously theres more den what a gal can ask for.

if i say i dun wan to earn big bucks, travel everywhere, have beautiful stuff, IM LYING.

but right now, at this moment, there is nothing more i can ask for.

thank you , everyone and anyone who added/contributed to my current fufilling life.
:)

xoxo
ffz~

3 comments:

modgam said...

thank you! hehehe...you have painted my life with colours too babe. you are the best shopping khaki anyone can have... at least to me.

I.P said...

you too babe!
i can always count on you for advice! :)

modgam said...

the feeling is mutual babe... xoxo