Thursday, February 05, 2009

wear pretty, feel pretty!

yesterday while i was walking back to office after lunch, i was admiring the window displays.
after tat i start ppl watching.

i suddenly realise, where is ME?!!

some time back,
huiyian - "belle, hw come you dun wear all your A-line skirt to work already?"
me - "oh yea hor. i din realise wor. why?"
huiyian - "you look more formal with A line dress"
me - " orh. but nobody see also"

yesterday i realise dressing up is not only for others to see but for myself to feel good.
seriously when i look into my wardrobe recently, i feel pretty down.

hanging inside are my pretty dresses and tops but how often do i utilise them to their maximum power?
seldom wor.
apart from the usual dresses i wear for work, the skirts are rather left on their own. collecting dust in my wardrobe.
why dun i wear them anymore? no idea? perhaps not enuf tops to match the skirt?

recently as anyone who noes me will noe ive been shopping online. sometimes way tooooo much!
however i still have items not worn from these buys in my wardrobe.
and strangely i dun know where shd i wear it to. weird.
weekends im pretty much in tee and shorts.
until once the bf mention - hw come you always in tee and shorts.
occasionally i try to wear nice tops with shorts.
but the thing is i dun reali go fancy places that requires me to dress up.

my jeans are all well iron and tuck in one of the wardrobe space. waiting to be taken out for an outing.
sorry!
weather in spore is blistering hot. i perspire/lose water easily. so i dun like to bundle too much.

i like pretty stuff , or shd i say i go crazy over pretty stuff
i buy n buy n buy but i dun utilise all fully.
sooooooooooo
i start to look sloppy
and i no like it!!

tis wk end im g0in to dig out the not-yet-wear pile of clothes and clear them nx week.
tat way i wun feel guilty if i buy new stuff.
i wear pretty, i feel pretty!

7 comments:

PolkaDotsQueenie said...

I totally agree that one will feel pretty when u wear pretty. Most of the time we feel that there isnt any need for dressing up cos of the place we are going or just becos there's no occasion to do so. I'm glad I live out of the tees & jeans combi for a long time now. Soooo boring....Hahaha...

Oh ya, u had better dig out those yet-to-wear clothes soon & stop buying in the meantime... Hahaha... Else even a bigger wardrobe wont be able to contain your buys le lah.. *LOL*

modgam said...

hahaha babe, i can never understand how one doesnt make any effort in dressing. its not what u wear, its how u bring out the clothing. i believe u noe how i swear on dressing well.

u and me sama lah... mariam too. i think besides me and her having new clothings with price tags still attached, u are the only one next to us. hahahaha hi 5 can.

i need a BIGGER walk-in... i shd have converted my other room into my wardrobe when dom agreed. now im living in regret. LOL i need to hold a flea market at my crib.

I.P said...

to both pdq & modgam:
the only solution to my current wear pretty & feel pretty issue is to get A BIGGGGGG WARDROBEEEEE.
that way i can continue to buy more clothes.
LOL LOL>>>

modgam said...

i can totally relate to ur "problem" babe...if i may say, better than anyone else. LOL

PolkaDotsQueenie said...

Oh yes, serious problem I can see for both... *LOL*

I.P said...

pdq u r joining the list soon!

Anonymous said...

how true! reminds me of something i read somewhere about how we always wait for special occasions to dress up.. & end up wearing our pretty dresses only a couple of times.. when in fact... LIFE IS A SPECIAL OCCASION! Dress up whenever, wherever, as long as you feel happy!