Thursday, December 14, 2006

~ retard ~

my new job requires me to send email on behalf of my boss.
so i kindly send an email out to an associate. here goes the email:
------------------------------------
HI,

As per customer's request, please kindly help to courier documents to the address below:

Company - XXX

Address: XXX

Attention to: xxx
Tel: 123456

Please kindly provide AWB after its done, so that we can inform customer.

Thank you for your help

Best regards,

Associate replied today:

Hi, Isabelle,

Please get Jason to confirm this.

 

Regards
----------------------------------------------

i was liked DUHZ. isnt my email clear enuf?
by asking for a confirmation is liked doin double work!
what for......
if my boss is so free to do , den why in the 1st place hire me....
and why in the first place will i put AS PER CUSTOMER REQUEST.
even if boss dun wan, this is CUSTOMER request... duhz....
isnt customer always right....
oh gosh... lost for words lei.....
please ... GL attitude is so not pleasing.... get a life.....
ROARRRRRRR!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very simple to deal with this kind of pple. check with your boss on this first & asked about future cases. If he agrees to acede to customers' requests, then send an email out every time with the heading "Sent on behalf of XXXX". That will shut the other fellow up.

I.P said...

oh... thanks for the tip!